Everyday Life

Everyday Life
My peeps in San Fran last summer

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Still here

SPENCER AT CHRISTMAS

I KNOW I HAVENT BLOGGED BUT HAD A ROUGH COUPLE OF WEEKS AND HAVENT FELT LIKE IT REALLY

I HAVE BEEN TAKEN OFF ZELBORAF BECAUSE THE TUMORS ARE GROWING IN THE ABDOMEN

THIS PAST MONDAY I STARTED MY FIRST INFUSION OF YERVOY BECAUSE THATS WHAT HAMID AND OBARA THOUGHT WOULD BE THE BEST THING.

EVERY 3 WEEKS I WILL HAVE ANOTHER INFUSION 4 IN ALL-THIS WAS THE ORIGINAL DRUG I WANTED BUT THEY NEEDED TO STOP THE TRAIN AND FAST BACK THEN.  I HAVENT REALLY BEEN EATING OR DRINKING SO YESTERDAY I HAD TO GO BACK IN FOR 2 HOURS OF FLUIDS WITH POTASSIUM AND MAGNESIUM AND HAVE TO GO BACK TMRW TO SEE HOW ALL BY LEVELS ARE.

YERVOY HAS A SUCCESS RATE BUT IT TAKES A WHILE TO STIMULATE EVERYTHING AND I CAN HAVE THE TREATMENT WHEN ON STEROIDS ESPECIALLY SINCE IT WASNT THAT HIGH OF A DOSE.  THIS WAS THE ORIGINAL DRUG I WANTED BUT THEY HAD TO STOP THE DISEASE FASTER THAN IT WOULD OF STARTED WORKING.  AND I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION I HAD TO BE OFF ALL THE STEROID-I WAS WRONG.

SO I HAVE SPENT MOST OF THE WEEK IN AN INFUSION CHAIR-YAYE
BEEN TRYING TO EAT A LITTLE BUT THATS JUST NOT HAPPENING BUT DRINKING A LITTLE WITH ICE AND SOME ORANGES HELP BECAUSE WE CAN SLICE THE ORANGES   AND IT IS EASIER FOR ME TO EAT THE JUICE.  WHO WOULD OF THOUGHT.  ORANGES ARE MY FRIEND NOW.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS LEFT MSGS IT IS APPRECIATED SOMETIMES I WAS JUST TO TIRED TO ANSWER-I WILL TRY AND KEEP EVERYONE A LITTLE MORE UPDATED IF I FEEL UP TO IT -MY HAIR IS GROWING BACK-WHAT A PAIN BUT ITS BEEN EASIER AS FAR A UPKEEP.

TALK TO YOU SOON
RANDI












BYE................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment